Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lake Searcy


When I woke up this morning, it was such a beautiful day out that I decided to go for a walk. As I headed down the path I usually walk, I noticed that one long stretch had been flooded out.

A couple of curious things about this: 1) It hasn't rained in a few days; 2) It's been warm enough and dry enough that any serious flooding should've dried up by now; 3) A jogger who I talked to on the way back said that he was out there yesterday and it wasn't flooded at all at that time.



My guess is that a farmer opened up his levee gate or something. Not that it's a crime or anything, but it did cut a lot of walks short this morning. Oh, well, it'll only be washed out for a li'l while, and then we can all go back to our regularly scheduled exercise.

(Edited to say: Boy do I feel dumb. I forgot that rivers often crest AFTER it's stopped raining. This means that the White River would have fed that creek several days after the rain stopped.)

On another topic, Spring is definitely here. The beautiful weather has brought out some gorgeous blooms. Enjoy!



No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page

free website counter