Friday, March 7, 2008

Buckwheat Pancakes

Okay, so I, like, had bacon and eggs for breakfast again, but I did a switch-up and had buckwheat pancakes.

I about burned down my kitchen.

I didn't know that buckwheat pancakes cook faster than regular white flour pancakes. I also didn't realize that you're only supposed to mix in some buckwheat flour to the white flour rather than replace the white flour. Boy was THAT a mistake.

Something else--they didn't bubble much on the edges like regular flour pancakes. They kind of rounded out a bit, but that's it.

It looked as though I'd cooked my first few pancakes with a blowtorch.

No pictures this time. I'm afraid I'd burn my camera after THAT fiasco.

I'm not a bad cook, honest. I just need to stick to the recipe the first time around.

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Pancakes would taste good right now...don't know about buckwheat though...

Unknown said...

This is why...Jeff doesn't get fire.
Really...don't injure yourself.

 
Locations of visitors to this page

free website counter